- Mom, Sis, and Nephew are titles, not nicknames.
- Penguin: my sister’s husband.
- Nibling (formerly known as Awesome Niece): my sister’s eldest, who is trans. I only bother to mention that because of the title change in the blog.
The woman I’m having a relationship with gets referred to as my sweetheart, or occasionally Mistress if it’s kink-related.
Friends I see IRL, alphabetically:
- The Artist: a longtime friend who lives in Atlanta. She was the maid of honor at my wedding. We go hiking sometimes.
- The Boytoy: a former lover, who is sadly not my boytoy anymore. (He made a great one, though.)
- The Butterfly: a friend I met through a knitting group.
- Domino: a friend of Zelda’s.
- The Genius: The Artist’s husband, and a very cool guy.
- Ginger Slut: my old BFF.
- Luna: my cello teacher and friend.
- Rose: we were BFFs back when I met my ex-wife. We stopped being friends because of said ex-wife; or, rather, my inability to be a good friend while in that relationship. I still feel bad about that, but we’ve been hanging out some lately, which is awesome.
- Zelda: a college friend I started hanging out with again recently.
And some people I no longer speak to, for good reasons:
- The Valkyrie: my ex-wife. I don’t call her that anymore, but some of the blog entries from when we were married refer to her that way.
- The Naiad: the ex-wife’s ex-girlfriend. She lived with us for six months. It was the beginning of the end of my marriage.