Bad blogger, no cookie — ten days since my last entry. Shame on me. I’ve been journaling a lot, but it’s been on paper instead of online.
My family has always done Christmas stuff on Xmas Eve, and then Xmas day is for laying around in pajamas and nomming leftovers. So yesterday we ate too much and opened presents. I picked out most of the presents people gave each other as well as the ones I gave, so I really enjoyed seeing everyone open the gifts I’d chosen for them. I was pretty much on target with all of them, assuming my family members are better at faking emotions than I think they are. I received some cool shit. A Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen, a sweet Golding mini spindle, some fascinating-looking books, and some little stuff, all of which I liked a lot.
I won’t list everything I chose for other people, but I had to mention that I got the Naiad a Pilot Kukuno from JetPens and I think she’s now hooked for life on fountain pens. While I was napping earlier today she ordered herself a Metropolitan like my new one, because she likes mine so much. (I am so happy with mine, btw. Writes wonderfully and has instantly become a favorite.) This weekend I’m going to ink up some of my pen collections so she can see what different styles and nibs feel like. She’s very excited. Makes me happy.
- Got a B+ in my class. Must have done better on my mock therapy session than I thought!
- The Naiad will be here permanently Jan. 6th. Which is good, because driving to get her twice a week sucks.
- Awesome Niece was here from Sunday to yesterday. Goddamn I love that kid. She’s turning into an amazing young woman.
- I started a new medication today. Risperdal is replacing my Invega. Doing the titration now. Wish me luck.
- The pocket Moleskine I started journaling in on Nov. 11th is nearly full. I’ll be starting a new one in a few days. Looking forward to it. I also treated myself to a Moleskine 2015 weekly planner, because things disappear from my iCloud calendar on a regular basis. That’s a problem. So the Moleskine will be a backup calendar. I need one.
I’ve been sleepy all day because of the new medication. Bedtime soon, I think…