Wet blanket results

I washed a panel of the blanket.  It went from 50×19″ to 47.5×18″.  The weave hardly changed at all.  Next I will wash the denser panel and see what happens to it.  Meanwhile, I am almost done weaving the fourth panel.  Once I know what happens to the denser panel, I can either assemble the blanket or else make a fifth panel and use the dense one as a pillow covering.

I suspect I’m going to be making a fifth panel.  Don’t wanna.  I am so very sick of making this thing.  And I don’t even know what I’m going to do with it.  I didn’t expect to have to buy two extra cones of yarn, so it’s turned into a ridiculously expensive blanket — almost $100 of yarn.  Maybe I should sell it.  I know that right now I don’t ever want to look at the fucking thing again after it’s done.  Although perhaps I’ll like it more if I finish it and put it in the back of the closet for a while.

At least my next two projects are a one-panel shawl and some placemats.  FFS, I need something easy and quick…

Saturday morning I cast on a cowl with some of my handspun.  I’m not sure if I like it or not, but it’s definitely easy and quick.  This is the pattern (includes pictures of a finished one).  I hope the result looks better than what I’ve got so far.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *