I continue to Get Shit Done.

Today I was up at 7:30 — thank you, babbies — and rather than go back to bed I got up and started doing stuff.  I couldn’t use my laptop because the new battery I put in was charging, so I checked email and such on my iPad before having breakfast and taking a shower.  I did a few more things around the house, like laundry, and then ran errands.

My errands were very annoying.  First I went to a pack-and-ship place.  They wanted $50 to send my Ashford loom to its new owner!  Plus $30 for the packing materials, and then for another $27 they’d pack it for me.  Um… no.  So I went to Staples in search of a box and some packing peanuts.  No boxes fit.  So I guess I’m going to have to take the loom apart.  Sigh.  Although maybe I can do a Frankenbox, I have my Flip box still which is almost big enough…  Hmmm.

After that I went to GameStop to pre-order Destiny (woo!), Walgreens for some more hair putty, and Joanns.  I was looking for two things at Joanns: a big three-drawer craft cart, and a block of foam to put my loom on.  I found the cart with no problems — and 50% off — and then chose a block of foam and went to the register.  There were 14 people in front of me.  So I waited, and waited, and when it was my turn… I got told that the foam has to be cut at the cutting tables.  All that waiting for nothing.  And then there were six people in line at the tables.  Argh.  When I finally got to check out there were only two people in line.  I was in there a whole hour to buy two things.  Bleah.

Came home, had lunch, helped the Valkyrie out with some things, and then ran more errands: the pharmacy, and the liquor store.  MIL wanted some decent tequila because she’s been in a margarita mood.  I got that and some Kraken rum for the Valkyrie.  I’ll be trying a little of both, but my meds mean I can’t drink much at all.  It’s better that way, so I can’t complain.

Then I had therapy, which was cool, and then I completely cleaned out the space between the couch and the wall (where I keep all my craft stuff that’s currently in use) and set up the craft cart (which doesn’t really count as a cart if you don’t put the wheels on it)  There’s now space there for my weaving table (for when I use the loom on the couch, although I’m going to try it on my desk for a while) and my spinning wheel, so it won’t be in the way when I’m not using it.  How awesome is that?  And I’m using the cart as an end table as well, so I have a place for my drink, a notepad and pen, and a prominent spot for my medication box.  Very cool!

My next project is to break down some shipping boxes, and then I’m going to tackle the bedroom.  I want everything to have its own place.  I haven’t had that in 13 years, and it would be really nice for each object to have a designated spot (even if that spot is in a storage tub; the point is to not have everything sitting in the open).

I feel so good and energetic and productive.  It’s been so very long.  I’m excited as hell.

Right now I’m going to relax and enjoy the evening.  (Okay, I’ve been enjoying myself all day except for the shipping place and Joanns.)  I have that yarn to finish plying, and then I’ll read for a bit.  I’m planning to sleep at midnight.  I want to get up at 7:30 so I have time to exercise and shower before heading to the weaving guild meeting…

One thought on “I continue to Get Shit Done.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *