Tonight I did an exercise routine for the time in ages. NerdFitness.com’s beginner bodyweight circuit, with the wimpy version of their warmup first. I’m going to keep a log of what I do here, in hopes it will make me more accountable.
- jump rope for 30 seconds — did not have jump rope so just pretended. Went fine.
- 20 jumping jacks — kinda fun, actually. Although I had to go downstairs to do them because 2nd floor jumping is bad. Coming back up the stairs with noodle legs was harrrrrd.
- 10 squats — oof.
- 5 lunges — need to work on my form.
- 5 wall push ups — not hard.
- 20 body weight squats — double oof.
- 10 push ups — I did knee ones, I admit it.
- 20 walking lunges — Did not really have room to do these well. My hall is 4 lunges long. Did them though.
- 10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon milk jug) — Used a 12-pack of Diet A&W because I forgot to grab a weight beforehand. Went fine.
- 15 second plank — amazingly, I think I could have held it even longer.
- 30 Jumping Jacks — I’m starting to dig these. again, went downstairs.
By the time I was done with the first circuit I felt like I was going to throw up, so I did some stretches and quit. I wasn’t in pain — it felt really good to work out, even though it was hard — but I felt super-nauseous.
I did the workout from about 10:00-10:20. It’s after 11:30 now and I just got hit with a wave of sleepy. Bed soon.